Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Improvement

The day before Dan came down to Alabama for our wedding we closed on our new townhouse. If that wasn't a nerve-wracking process, I don't know what is! If something had not worked out, we would have had to come back from our honeymoon to his parents' basement. Thankfully it all came together, but not without some ups and downs along the way.

The house we live in now was not our first house to have a contract on. The other one fell through because we found out some things about the neighborhood street. It was all in God's good plan because the house and neighborhood (not just a street) we live in now is much better than what we had originally thought was perfect for us. We are right near the interstate but it looks like we're out in the country. There are horses on the way in to our neighborhood and windy country roads which I love driving on. As Amanda (my sister-in-law) said, "I feel like I'm in another state when I come to your house." Hah!

Since we came home from our honeymoon in November, we haven't done much to the place. This past week I've done more than the whole time we've been here. We still have a long way to go, but it's coming together. Here are a few of my projects I've been working on.


Our new living room rug my mom found for us

The loft area new rug

First try at painting. I'll put a picture when everything is up after Mr. Gordon helps me fix my trim.


Stairwell painting finally hung. Another find by mom.

New painting in the 1/2 bath. I want to paint this room soon too.

One of my projects while Dan was out of town. Wedding picture on top and My vows written to him underneath.


He still needs to write his.







No comments:

Post a Comment