Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An Unexpected Christmas Gift

I was pretty stoked about having my first Christmas with my husband in our new home. It started out pretty well; Christmas Eve we slept in, saw a matinee, played a little Scrabble SLAM that my mom sent us, went to Chili's for dinner (mmmm :D), went to look at Christmas lights, and watched our wedding DVD until 2 a.m. (it had just come in that day). When we finished that, we decided we still weren't tired so we watched an episode of Friday Night Lights until 3 a.m.

In the morning, I planned to make this huge breakfast, including biscuits and Grandma Mac's sausage gravy for Dan. We decided against it since we didn't want to be full for lunch. So we opened presents and got ready to head to his parents' house. I made sweet potato souffle and mint brownies to bring over. A little before lunch I was feeling a little queezy but figured it was just because I had not eaten anything all day. So after lunch we opened presents with the family and then pulled out the wedding video. When that was over I was feeling pretty bad and went to go lay down but all of a sudden (I will spare you the details) got really sick (It's been going around). So, I took a nap for a while hoping to recover and make it to the annual Gordon Christmas movie. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I couldn't even gather the strength to leave. So we spent the night there and came home the next day.

Even though my Christmas was interrupted, everything leading up to that was pretty great. And I'm glad I had my hubby to take good care of me.

On another note, We are leaving today when Dan gets off work for GA and the HolMcSand New Year's extravaganza! Then we are heading to Prattville New Year's Day to spend a little time with my side of the family and see some friends. Nothing like friends and family to get the new year off to a good start :D Now, I just have to pack...

1 comment:

  1. I need another update! p.s. new blog is http://kirstenjoy13.wordpress.com i miss you!
    <3-Kirsten

    ReplyDelete