Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Well it's been long enough so here's what's been going on with us lately. I've just been working and still enjoying my Mondays off, but contemplating going back to the 7-3:30 every day schedule (which I have to decide about by tomorrow). I'm so torn over this decision it's crazy. I've also been here right at six months now and just started getting my benefits this week (woo hoo!).

For Turkey Day we trekked on down to Alabama to see mi familia. I also went down earlier that week, Sun-Mon, with Dan's mom and sisters to see his grandfather and have a girls' road trip. I learned that my MIL likes "Oops I Did it Again"--hah!

So I got back Monday and then Dan and I left after work on Tuesday for the long journey to Alabama. Acutally, we stopped back at Dan's grandfather's on our way to split up the trip on the way there and back. But the time there was lots of fun. I made Dan's grandmother's famous dressing for my family (it turned out pretty good) and a few other things with my mom. We were up early Thanksgiving morning cooking and watching the parade--one of my favorite things!. This year the big meal was held at my Aunt's house and it was nice to get to visit with some family I had not seen since my wedding.

Since being back we've put up some Christmas decorations inside along with our Christmas tree! I love coming home to the house lit up with decorations. I still need to add the outside decorations but it's been so cold lately! We kicked off the season with the annual Christmas banquet at church. I had never been but it was really nice and put me in the right mindset to begin this season.

We also drove through a local living nativity with some kids and it was so humbling! It wasn't just about the night Jesus was born. They showed different parts of his life up to the cross and resurrection and it was a good reminder that the reason we celebrate the birth of our Savior is not just because He came to earth, but because He died for us and lives again!

I have been praying that this season goes slowly so we can enjoy it and not let it fly by before we know what hit us. We will be spending Christmas here but heading back to Alabama a few days later to spend New Year's with my family and friends!

OH! We also decided that our gift to each other this year would be a trip to New York! I can't wait to show Dan where I grew up and experience NYC at Christmastime. I think it is so much better than getting each other some tangible item that we would forget about by next year anyway.

Merry Christmas to whoever reads this far down! I hope you take the time to enjoy the little moments this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment