Now that we're about to enter September and my first married summer is phasing out, I guess it's about time to share what my summer was full of!
June was pretty low key except for a fun weekend trip to Charlotte. I really liked the city and we found some fun things to do there. Of course a trip to Charlotte wouldn't be complete without checking out IKEA. We didn't buy anything but I just had to see what all the fuss is about there. It was fun to look at but pretty overwhelming.
July kicked off with my bestie over at The Queen of Prussia coming to visit with her new husband! We had a blast hanging out and celebrating the 4th. Though we missed the fireworks due to a time miscommunication, we had fun canoeing at William B. Umstead State Park and making s'mores on our fire pit!
A couple weeks later Dan and I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Myrtle Beach...though we only spent about an hour at the beach. It was a nice getaway though. We got to check out the Ripley's Aquarium and that was pretty cool! And we definitely ate at the same place twice in one weekend. If you're ever in Myrtle Beach, check out Rockefellers.
![]() |
| At the Aquarium |
Since it had been a couple months that I had last seen my parents, I was trying to figure out a way to get down to Alabama. So I spontaneously decided to head down after work the last Friday in July and spent a couple days there. My mom thought I was joking when I told her I was coming since she had asked a couple times and then decided to keep it a secret from my dad. Well...that backfired on us when my dad was MIA the first 5 hours I was in town. We finally caught up with him and he was surprised! I got to hang our with my cousin, brother and good friend, Leigh. We went to the Lifehouse concert which was so much fun, and saw old friends at church. It was a great weekend but a l-o-n-g trip home, followed by a long work week. But well worth it.
After that long work week I was definitely ready for the annual Gordon beach trip. We came home Monday night for the Goo Goo Dolls that concert my thoughtful hubby bought tickets for and went straight back Tuesday. It was my (holy cow!) 5th year with them but my first as one of them! We also celebrated Dan's 27th birthday during the trip. We stayed in a house right on the beach which was wonderful. Perfect weather, good food, so relaxing. We went to the movies, played put-put, and went to this alligator park. The only bummer is that we had to come back to real life...and I lost my keys.
![]() |
| View from the back of the house |
![]() |
On a side note, my brother is back in the States as of August 15! He was deployed to Kyrgyzstan for the last six months and is now back in Minot, ND with his wife!
So that pretty much wraps up my summer....besides working working working. I hate to see it go but I am looking forward to the fun things we have planned for the fall!






Hey, I enjoyed catching up on your "real life" which actually sounds pretty good to me....just enjoy each day to it's fullest and count your beach trips and week-ends as icing on your cake...remember, you can have your cake and eat it too...and always remember...I love you...Mom...see you in October!!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. Loved reading your writing