Fall is so close I can taste it! Though it is still getting up to the 90s during the day, there is a chill in the air each morning as I frantically run to my car at 6:30 and race to work, praying somehow that God will stop time just for me.
Let me give you a picture of my mornings (Disclaimer: the following is not an exaggeration and is based on real events, not all necessarily occurring on the same day or every day.)
My alarms start ringing around 5:10. I hit snooze for as long as I possibly can while my unconscious husband is trying to shove me out of bed. Ignoring his nudging, I turn over and cherish the next 10 minutes to look at the inside of my eyelids. I finally look at the clock to realize I have been hitting snooze on two alarms for almost an hour and run to the shower.
At 6:22 I should really be walking out the door but Dan walks in and I am in the middle of blowing my hair dry. I concede, knowing I don’t have time to finish, kiss him goodbye and hurry out of the bathroom with a head of half dry hair that will inevitably turn into a wavy disaster. On my way to the kitchen, I realize my shoes are in the closet, go get them, run out, realize my belt is in the closet, run and grab it and finally make it to the kitchen.
I quickly throw heaven in my mouth a breakfast cookie in the microwave and pour a glass of milk. I then realize I forgot my lunchbox at work and throw my frozen meal in a Target bag with a zip lock full of ice. I proceed to the car holding my purse, keys, lunch, breakfast, and glass of milk (that is sloshing onto my belongings).
While in the car, I first eat my breakfast, then put on my belt (to my outfit, not my seat belt), then my mascara, then pray I get all green lights.
When I pull in the parking lot, I find a spot, grab all my stuff, fall up the stairs, get to the door and realize I left my badge that opens the door in the car. I then ask the nice smoker outside if he will let me inside, run up two flights of stairs, and arrive at my little cubicle out of breath and settle into my cozy orange chair that I’m pretty sure is from the 70s.



Oh Brooke, you are too funny! You have always been such a funny girl! What are you going to do when you have kiddos??? BTW, this is Jeni (Murphy)Hollingsworth Hope the rest of your day was better than the beginning!
ReplyDeletewow, Brooke! Sounds like a rough morning (although it did make me giggle ;) ) I hope things do get less hectic!
ReplyDeleteNo comment....Oh yes...it does get better...just wait till you add the kids to the mix! Do what you love and love what you do!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Very well-written and entertaining! :)
ReplyDeleteNo I'm not. I'd be just like you. Hitting the alarm for forever then rushing to get to work on time. That actually used to be my life before I got married and became a stay at home mom...lol.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I luv your blog page and your background.