Do you know the kind of people who never seem to have anything positive to say? Nothing ever seems to be going right in their life and whenever you ask how they are they always huff and puff and give you their current problem of the day. I admit I have my Negative Nancy days too, but since I've been around more people who are like that I've been trying to be more positive lately.
Tonight in youth group I met 28-year-old Nick Vujicic from Melbourne, Australia via Youtube.com.. Vujicic was born inexplicably with no arms or legs and struggled with this issue as a young child, even attempting suicide at the age of eight. Later on he came to Christ and is now a motivational speaker, traveling all over to share what God is doing in his life. He is also self-sufficient and lives on his own.
In an interview with CBN.com Vujicic says, "I have a choice to either be angry at God for what I don't have or be thankful for what I do have." How many of us have that attitude?
In another interview for 20/20 found on www.lifewithoutlimbs.org Vujicic says, "I believe in a God who can do all things, but if He chooses not to give me arms and legs I know it's for the better." What an amazing attitude! Now do you have anything to complain about?
If you have a minute check out these videos. You won't be sorry you did!
On a more light-hearted note...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bL3GR4iAW0&feature=related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment