April 24th was our six month anniversary. Crazy, huh? Time has pretty much flown by. To commemorate this special occasion we decided to go camping for a night up at Falls Lake. It was a nice area and we had all the necessities..hot dogs on coat hangers, marshmallows, and don't forget the blow up mattress : ) After setting up the tent we started a fire and cooked dinner and just hung out and talked. It was so peaceful.
We went to bed probably around 11 and at 1:30 I woke up to rain. The window was open so I yelled at Dan to close it because water was coming through. I couldn't fall back asleep until around 3 a.m. and then woke back up an hour later to the feel of a wet sleeping bag due to the rain soaking through the tent. Only to look over at Dan and see him sound asleep, making me angrier and angrier.
At 5 a.m. it started dripping on my head and I was d-o-n-e. I wanted to leave so I got up and started packing the car (the rain had stopped but it was still falling through the trees which our tent was under). I was slamming doors and being loud to wake Dan up but he didn't hear me at all. (Plus I didn't find out until later that they lock the park gates until 7 a.m. so we couldn't have left anyway). When I went back in the tent I didn't have the heart to wake Dan up so I got in an awkward sleeping position to avoid the wet sleeping bag and fell asleep for a couple of hours. When we finally got up I told Dan, "I don't even want to brush my teeth, I just want to leave."
I will definitely do it again, but I will make sure there is 100% no chance of rain.
April 25th I took a trip up to Lynchburg to see Aimee who was coming back from her half marathon in Nashville! I also got to see a lot of people like Darcy, old yearbook friends, Heather, Kirsten, Nikki, and Brandon (for a second). It was a great time to catch up and it definitely made me miss Lynchburg and Liberty.
May 15th we took a day trip up to Lyncburg to visit with Mark who came down for his brother's graduation. We went to the ol' Applebee's where it first began and it was a good time to visit with Mark.
May 24th I started my new job!!! It was such an answer to prayer. Even though it's not my ideal job, the people there are wonderful and I remind myself all the time how blessed I am to have this when I know a lot of people are struggling to find work. I am an Automobile Policy Analyst for the NC Farm Bureau Insurance Company. The training is a year so I still have a LOT to learn.
May 28th was Grandma Mac's 85th surprise birthday party in Orange Beach, AL. Dan and I wanted to leave Thursday night to get a head start on our 13 hour drive, but that was the week he worked late so he didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. on Fri. The plan was to wake up early and he could sleep while I drove. Well for some reason I woke up when he got home and couldn't fall back asleep. He was laying there trying to sleep when he called out to ask if I was asleep. Since I couldn't go to sleep he asked if I just wanted to leave because he wasn't tired at all. I agreed so we jumped in the car at 3 a.m. and headed to Alabama! Everything worked out perfectly since we left so early. My parents were having breakfast with my grandparents and Lacy and Mitchell in Prattville and we go right through Montgomery on our way down. Since Prattville is so close I was texting Mitchell to see what they were doing at certain times to see if we could surprise them. I didn't think until around 10:30 that we could actually get there to surprise them. We got to IHOP right as they were finishing up breakfast (at 11:30) and surprised them all. My grandparents were happy because they were sad we couldn't be there in the first place. Then we did girl/guy separate cars the rest of the way down so we were able to spend some quality girl time in the car.
Once we got down there my grandma was TOTALLY surprised. It was such a fun weekend. We hung out at the beach, the pool, ate a ton of food and made lots of fun memories.
Last weekend (June 4th-6th) Dan and I took a trip to Charlotte. We stayed right in the city and had fun exploring down there. It's a really pretty city and we enjoyed it a lot.
That's all for now! More fun to come : )


I cant believe you went camping! You're so brave! I'm glad you finally posted an update :) I think your next trip with your hubs should be a trip to Lynchburg!
ReplyDelete