Tuesday, October 18, 2011

High Five for Fall!

My bestie from Come Alive tagged me in Five Fall Goals. So here it goes!

Become an aunt!
OK so I'm not sure it counts as a "goal" but I am super excited to welcome my niece into the world in November! I am even MORE excited that my brother, his wife and new baby girl will be (Lord willing) moving A LOT closer to us!


Run, Baby, Run
In college, my bestie/roomie and I were pretty much on the same page health/exercise-wise. We occasionally went for a pathetic run together and frequently indulged in all things sweet. Since graduating, she has far surpassed me in the health arena and has completed a half marathon and is running the FULL Philadelphia Marathon next month! While I have no near or future plans of signing up for a marathon, I would like to set a 5 mile goal for myself. That sounds so puny after writing about her marathon but the most I ever ran was 4 miles and that was quite a while ago.



Photo my World
Better late than never, right? I've been wanting to make a photo book of my bridal luncheon and rehearsal dinner for a while. They were too beautiful to be kept on a CD so I would love to make one like we did for our guest book using Picaboo. I loved how that book came out and it makes such a great keepsake instead of just a bunch of signatures you can't read.



Kiss the Cook!
 I have not cooked a real meal in a while. I've been sick, busy lazy, unmotivated, etc. I really do enjoy cooking when I have all the ingredients and time I need. I have had many a time where I get excited to make something and go to the store only to be too exhausted after two hours in Walmart so I grab a frozen pizza on my way out (or opt for Chick-fil-A). With activities going on 3-4 nights out of the week, I just want something QUICK and EASY. Plus on the months where the hubs is on night shift, I feel pointless cooking for one. BUT my goal is to plan ahead (!!!) so I can quickly make more *real* dinners. Better for the budget AND the hips.



DIY DIFIL
On this one I had to change "yourself" to "father-in-law." I have the handiest father-in-law ever, people. I keep telling the hubs he needs to learn from him but I guess I'll have to be his apprentice. He has helped us paint, install our blinds, put in plants around our house, fix our baseboards, rescued us from several vehicle breakdowns, and much more. He installed backspalsh in their kitchen and it looks like it was done by a pro. His garage is full of crazy little tools. And he has won an award for how great their yard looks.

With all that said, one of my projects I've been wanting to do for a while now is extend our patio in the back. We are the proud owners of a teeny tiny patch of dirt off the back of our current concrete patio which I believe would better serve as more patio than the weeds that have taken over. We were waiting on our propane for the fireplace to be installed and now that that is in (hallelujah!) we can hopefully recruit Dan's dad to HELP (no hard labor) and TEACH us how to install pavers for our patio. 


OK, now it's your turn!

Kirsten at Pure Joy
Brooke at Life in Raleigh

1 comment:

  1. Brooke*tear*that is a great goal and you can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete