Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Trails

This summer has been jam packed with road trips and fun visits. I just wanted to share some of the highlights of my 'happy trails' from summer 2011 with you. So here it goes!

It started out with a whirlwind trip to Florida Memorial Day weekend to celebrate my Grandma's birthday and my uncle's retirement from the Air Force. It was so much fun but WAY too short. We went snorkeling, tubing and beached it up. I also dragged my mom and Dan to the Gulfarium.






In June we got to see Keith Urban in concert. It was great except for the nasty old couple being a little too intimate right on front of us. 'Nuff said.

July was full of excitement. Dan graduated! And my parents were able to come up. It's been difficult getting used to this schedule but we'll get the hang of it!



The next weekend was my birthday extravaganza. We went horseback riding, had family dinner, and went to Melting Pot the next night. My actual birthday fell on a Monday so I took off work and decided to put my birthday money to good use and treated myself to a massage and mani/pedi.





After all that excitement, the next weekend I met my college roomie in Virginia for a girls' weekend. Let's just say we were right in college when we said we should have our own TV show. Oh, I brought Brizzie too which added some interest to the occasion.



In August we had the Gordon's annual beach trip to Myrtle Beach. It was perfect weather but it just didn't seem complete without everyone there at the same time.



We celebrated Dan's birthday after the beach and he got an iPad! I haven't been able to pry it from him except for when he's not home.

I also got to visit my aunt and uncle in SC while my cousin and grandma were visiting. It was a fun weekend. I always love visiting family. We got pedicures, shopped, ate at Cracker Barrel, saw The Help (my second time), made shish kabobs, watched movies and scrapbooked!



Last weekend Dan had to work during the hurricane and since we didn't know how bad it was going to be I hid out at my in-laws and had a slumber party. It turned out not to really do anything here thankfully.

This weekend, I'm off to visit some old friends in NY! I can't wait to share all the fun from my trip! Maybe one of these months I'll stay home long enough to write a normal string of posts instead of cramming them all into one! Until we meet again, happy trails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment