Sunday, April 21, 2013

Updates

I just have to smile when I look back at my last post. Life since then has been a huge blur but many prayers have been answered. I had been feeling like my life was at a standstill and not going anywhere. Much of February and March was spent planning our trip to Ecuador. When the opportunity was presented it wasn't even a question in my mind of if I was going since I had been twice before and loved it both times. I've also always wanted to go on a mission  trip with Dan. Planning the trip had it's share of obstacles. My job initially told me that I couldn't have that time {I think that's when I wrote that January blog post} and I had to go back and present my request again. I got a "yes" the second time, but with stipulations. It was an amazing experience which I will have to share another day.



Another major event that has happened since my last post is I got a new job! This week will be my last at the Farm. Since January, {in fact, it was a New Year's resolution of mine} I had been praying for a new job. I was specifically praying that I would be able to start a new job before my three year anniversary hit. I don't know why I just didn't want to see that date roll around again and me still be in the same grey cubicle. Most of the girls I became friends with at work had moved on one way or another and I just felt stuck.

The funny thing was that I wasn't even really hunting. The week before the Ecuador trip {on Wednesday} I came across this Craigslist ad for a PR company and thought I'd just submit my resume. I didn't really expect a response since I had never heard back from any online applications before but I received a call three hours later and they were scheduling interviews for THAT Friday during a time that I was already finished with work for the day since I had my half day Fridays. {Well hello there, God!} Seriously the line of events couldn't have worked out more perfectly. They knew I was going to Ecuador so we got back in touch when I came back and I got the job that Friday and then put in my notice right away.  I start a month before what would have been my 3-year anniversary!

I forgot to mention I will be working completely from home. It will be good to have more time with Dan when he's off during the week. Unless we want to kill each other. I am partly excited about that and partly nervous. I know I am prone to having a pajama party every day by myself and not remembering if I've even brushed my teeth but I have visions of going to the gym each morning and scrubbing the dishes/folding laundry with one hand while I type with the other and hold the phone with my shoulder and have a home cooked meal on the table each night. We'll see how long that lasts.

Praise God for His blessings and His timing!

1 comment: