Thursday, November 1, 2012

Busy Busy

I cannot wait until this weekend. Want to know what we have planned? Absolutely nothing! I literally can't remember the last weekend Dan was off that we had nothing to do. While I love staying busy, this fall has been jam packed with all kinds of fun and excitement. Of course, just as soon as we're getting a break, we're about to jump into holiday mode. But better yet, we are getting a new nephew within the next couple weeks!!
Here is what we have been up to lately:

  • Kayaking trip on the most gorgeous day in September with some wonderful ladies! We came across a rope swing....embarrassing video below.


    My first attempt at the rope swing


    My second attempt....probably should have skipped

  • Trip to Winston-Salem to visit BFF Aimee (unfortunately we didn't get a picture to prove it)
  • Dan and I took 9 juniors and seniors on a college trip to Liberty by ourselves. We left on a Thursday and got back on Sunday and didn't stop the whole time we were there. We got to revel in the past and relive the beginning of our relationship. I even got to sit in on one of my old professor's classes.  We got to see some old friends and even visit some friends in the hospital who just had a baby.

    
    Visiting baby Bryn
    Revisiting where we first met!
  • Started attending a weekly small group hosted and led by Dan's sister and her husband
  • Spent the first weekend of October at my family reunion in the mountains


  • Planned a baby shower for my sister-in-law
  • My mom and grandma came up and stayed with us for a week



  • Dan went to the youth rally in Greensboro- I had to back out since my mom and grandma were still here
  • Celebrated 3 wonderful years of marriage with a delicious dinner at The Melting Pot

1 comment:

  1. baby shower cake looks yummy. love the colors!

    ReplyDelete