We are 1/3 of the way through 2012 already. How did that happen?
I still feel like we just got back from our 23rd annual New Year's celebration in Dayton, TN. We brought in the new year with some of our closest friends, though we were missing several this year. Our theme was "Stranger than Fiction" which led us to the world's largest treehouse, Wonderworks, and of course winding down with the Stranger than Fiction movie. I recapped that weekend with a video I put together here.
One of the biggest blessings so far of 2012 was having my brother, his wife and sweet baby girl move here from North Dakota. We were able to host them for a week in January while they looked for a house and got to know the area. It has been so fun being Aunt Brooke!
I think Uncle Dan is having a little fun too :)
I think Uncle Dan is having a little fun too :)
Speaking of being an aunt.....I get to be an aunt again this fall! Dan's sister and her husband are expecting and we are so thrilled!
At the end of last year one of the women at our church approached my friend and me about meeting together regularly for discipleship. So once all of the craziness from the holidays calmed down we started getting together to share things going on in our life and taking our questions and struggles directly to the Bible to figure out what God says. It has been really cool to receive godly wisdom and advice from someone who has already been through what we are in currently. Last Sunday the evening message was on the importance of discipleship in the church and how there should always be someone above you and below you. Since we ended our teen girls' Bible study in the fall they have been begging us to start a new one. So three of us girl leaders are in the middle of doing a Proverbs 31 study with them. It has been amazing watching them grow and understand the Word of God.
Also in the first third of 2012 my parents and younger brother were able to come up for Easter. We went zip lining to celebrate my brother's birthday and had a lot of fun having everyone in one place.
I've also been doing some more decorating but that will probably have to be saved for another post.
In 2 1/2 weeks I'll be heading down to Destin, Fl for Memorial Day and to celebrate my grandma's birthday with my dad's side of the family. I can't express how much I am looking forward to that. The only downer is that Dan isn't able to take off and I hate going on trips without him. In order to kick myself into gear for summer my sister-in-law and I signed up for kickboxing classes (thank you Groupon) and we had our first one Saturday. I am still recovering but looking forward to the next one.
Well, that's all for now! Guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest of 2012 brings.


No comments:
Post a Comment